Sunday, November 23, 2014

Movie Review: Divergent

Divergent (2014)


In a world divided by factions based on virtues, Tris learns she's Divergent and won't fit in. When she discovers a plot to destroy Divergents, Tris and the mysterious Four must find out what makes Divergents dangerous before it's too late.  Short synopsis of Divergent taken from IMDb.com

I actually liked this movie. I said I wouldn’t watch it. After all, we have another boy and girl in post-semi-apocalypse-like harm’s way and they eventually discover that they are just perfect for each other. Oh please. But Divergent's story actually kept my interested.


Just the same, I don’t plan to read the book on this one. Even though my wife says the books are better than the movie (when aren’t they?). But no. I’d recommend Divergent more than I would have thought I’d do, putting it easily on par with the film Hunger Games: Catching Fire, which I also thought was good. If you are in the mood for teenage angst and youthful romance (a little part of me died when I wrote that last bit) set in a semi-dystopian post-apocalyptic action adventure, then you could do worse than Divergent.


The parting comment:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, but moderated. Thanks